Thursday, February 28, 2008

Self-service

We had a breakthrough this morning. Now, bear with me, because this probably seems insignificant, but Caroline got her own breakfast. Ok, maybe it IS insignificant, but I think it represents an important step for her in her progression towards adulthood.

 

 

It's not that I was worried that we'd have to get her cereal for her when she's 18, but I think it's important that she learn to do things on her own. 'I can't do it' seems to be one of her favorite phrases, especially when she's tired. I think the knowledge that she can, in fact, do things for herself, like get her own food, will help her see that she is actually quite capable.

 

Also, if she gets her own breakfast, it means that I don't have to, which is an important consideration for next week, when Michele's away and I have the kiddos all on my own. Maybe I can get her to walk to school on her own, too...

 

 


NOTICE: If received in error, please destroy and notify sender. Sender does not intend to waive confidentiality or privilege. Use of this email is prohibited when received in error.

No comments: