Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Dear Tooth Fairy...

My daughter has been carrying on a running correspondence with the Tooth Fairy. It started innocently enough - a note under the pillow to express her undying love and gratitude, but quickly progressed to more labor intensive missives, like:

Dear Tooth Fairy, I am leaving you a present, will you leave me one?

and

Dear Tooth Fairy, what is your real name? _________ How old are you? __________ What is your favorite color? __________

The above questionnaire was left on the night of a recent small party, so fortunately, our friends obliged with cleverly ambiguous answers:
1) TF
2) as old as time
3) the rainbow

Tonight, accompanying her first front tooth:
Dear Tooth Fiary, please will you poke me in the nose with your magic wand so I can see you? Leave your answer on this line ____________.

Uh, oh. An IRL meeting? Simply out of the question, but what to do...

Dear Caroline, as much as I would love to meet you, the rules are very clear - no one can ever see me or my magic will be lost. That's why I only come around after you've gone to sleep. I hope you understand.

Your Friend,
TF

Hopefully, this will not render her paralyzed with fear of waking up and accidentally seeing the Tooth Fairy. Christ, the stuff I worry about...

No comments: