Thursday, June 12, 2008

Pride cometh before the fall

If you haven't read my 'where do they go' post (the next one), please do so before reading this one. Not that anything bad will happen if you don't - you won't have 10 years of bad luck, you won't lose your job or your house and gas prices are already on the upswing anyway. But really, go ahead. I'll wait...

OK, so having written that in a fit of overweaning pride at the start of my trip last week, I was taken down a peg or two when, on the last leg of my journey, I myself became...That Guy Who Didn't Show Up For The Flight.

After spending the better part of the afternoon and early evening waiting in the Halifax airport (I met some very interesting people during my 5 hour bender) for a much-delayed flight to Newark, and after arriving in Newark and taking the train to the parking lot instead of to the next terminal, I was, shall we say, more than fashionably late for my flight back to London.

This little karmic episode should probably give me pause next time I decide to wax curmudgeonly about someone else's behavior. But it won't, of course...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know this made me laugh and laugh....and I needed a good laugh today! By the way - where the heck are you going via Halifax and Newark???